Gen Y Planning Clients:
You grew up at a time when Saturday morning cartoons were something to live for. Over the years you attended prom, went to college, got a job… and now, officially an adult, you feel like you’re supposed to have it all figured out. You’ve a lot going on: getting married, starting a family, paying off student loans, changing jobs, buying a home, trying to save what you can, and more.
And you want to know where to start. You want to talk to someone who you can relate to and someone who understands you. That’s why I started Gen Y Planning: because we didn’t learn about these things in school and now it’s time.
Maybe you’re ready for a full work-up of your finances, or maybe you just want to have a quick chat about one or two issues that have been on your mind. Either way, I can help!
In the Financial Accountability Program you will receive:
- A 10-15 page financial plan with a series of “To Dos” that includes a net worth statement, retirement projection, and action checklist.
- The financial plan includes recommendations in the following areas: cash flow planning, debt repayment, investments, retirement planning, insurance, estate planning and tax planning.
- An asset allocation on your 401(k) or work retirement account(s) is included as part of this service.
- A review of your benefits package with a 1-2 page summary on which programs you should choose to maximize your company benefits.
- A recommendation of the credit card that fits your needs based on your spending.
- Access to a network of other financial professionals such as estate planning attorneys, CPAs, and insurance agents.
- Unlimited email support to help you reach your financial goals even faster.
If you’re ready for actionable financial planning advice to help you find clarity around your money, then you’ve come to the right place. It’s time to stop making haphazard decisions about your finances and instead talk to a CFP® who can help you get on track so you can reach multiple financial goals simultaneously.
- 30-minute consultation to assess your current financial situation
- 90-minute initial Discovery meeting either via video conferencing (Skype or Google Hangouts)
- 90-minute Plan Delivery Meeting to go through the planning recommendations (written in plain English)
- 60-minute follow-up meeting every six months to check your progress
- A 10- to 15-page Financial Plan with easy-to-understand recommendations and a 1-2 page action checklist
- A CFP® who you can reach out to via email as your situation changes
- Access to other financial professionals to be on your team to help you implement your recommendations
- Investment advice is available for 95 basis points. I use Betterment Institutional as my investment management platform.
Cost: The initial planning fee is $1,500-$3,500 followed by a monthly subscription of $149-$299 per month.
If you’re saying to yourself, “I’m not quite ready to work with a financial planner on an ongoing basis. However, I still have a few pressing financial questions that I’d like help on. What should I do?”
Answer: Try a Quick Start Session!
This session includes:
- A 90-minute video call (either Skype or a Google Hangout)
An in-depth discussion of your 2-3 most pressing financial topics. Popular questions include:
- Which payment plan should I choose for my student loans and how can I pay them off faster?
- How do I sign up for my 401(k) and choose the investments?
- Can you help me with a budget or spending plan?
- How much should I set aside for emergency savings vs. savings for other goals?
- What steps can I take to improve my credit and which credit card is best for me?
- How do I start a Roth IRA and where should I set up the account?
- Can you help me read my company benefits package and choose my benefits?
- How much and which kind of life insurance should we have if we just had a baby?
- A follow up email with recommendations and an action checklist within 24 hours so that you can take action right away!